[SystemSafety] "FAA chief '100% confident' of 737 MAX safety as flights to resume"

Olwen Morgan olwen at phaedsys.com
Wed Dec 2 16:55:34 CET 2020

On 02/12/2020 14:55, Grazebrook, Alvery wrote:
> Hi Olwen,
>
> As Peter pointed out, I don't mean "Pitch", I mean "angle of attack".
> Sorry, sloppy of me.
> Cheers,
>
>     Alvery
>

> On Wed, 2 Dec 2020 at 13:52, Grazebrook, Alvery
> <alvery.grazebrook at airbus.com <mailto:alvery.grazebrook at airbus.com>>
> wrote:

<snip>

> Does this help?

Thanks but not really.

I know what the rules say, if only because of PBL's inimitable Germanic
insistence on quoting them to me.

My knowledge of aerodynamics and aeronautical engineering could be
scraped onto a single sheet of toilet paper (and could be disposed of
like other such scrapings).

What I want to know from those with better knowledge is what is
happening to the distribution of air pressure over the relevant airframe
surfaces in the region where the slope of the stick force curve ceases
to be stable according to the JAR rules?

So far, nobody has offered me an answer to that question.

olwen