[SystemSafety] "Ripple20 vulnerabilities will haunt the IoT landscape for years to come"

Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at causalis.com
Wed Jul 1 20:12:12 CEST 2020

On 2020-07-01 19:12 , Martyn Thomas wrote:
> The argument that I have heard for
> omitting many/most/all unit testing, as part of a SPARK development, is that ....
> That's an engineering judgement.

and you had said
> I like to ask “what do you know after your software has passed your tests that you didn’t know
> before - other than that it passes these specific tests run in this specific order today? And if
> there is anything, how do you know that?”
>
> I have never received an answer that addresses the question..

So you got an answer as to why unit tests were omitted. That answer was of the type "we can achieve
X more cost-effectively".

So "X" must be the (an) answer as to what "you know after .... that you didn't know before".

What was X?

PBL

Prof. Peter Bernard Ladkin, Bielefeld, Germany
Styelfy Bleibgsnd