[SystemSafety] Fwd: Re: CbyC and unit testing

Martyn Thomas martyn at thomas-associates.co.uk
Sat Jul 4 23:10:09 CEST 2020

On 04/07/2020 14:29, Olwen Morgan wrote:

> What could go wrong that might bring into question the proposition
> that CbyC makes UT unnecessary?

Lots. But the same is true for UT.

The supplement to my initial question (which, for new readers, or those
who have a limited attention span was "what do you know when your sysem
passes your tests that you didn't know before - other that that it
passes these tests, run in this order, today?") is:

"What do you do when your system *fails* a UT?".

Too often, the answer I have received is "find the error and correct the
code". Ten demerit points for anyone who thinks that is sufficient.

Martyn