[SystemSafety] Correctness by Construction

paul_e.bennett at topmail.co.uk paul_e.bennett at topmail.co.uk
Fri Jul 10 11:48:01 CEST 2020

On 7/10/2020 at 9:43 AM, "Michael Jackson" <jacksonma at acm.org> wrote:

>CbyC is invaluable in avoiding errors in reasoning about formal
>models. But the relationship of a formal model---whether of a
>computer or of the real world of a cyber-physical system---may be
>a more prolific source of faiure. Recent posts cited the 737Max8
>disasters. Were these due to formal errors in MCAS code?

>From what I understood about the situation, was that it was a systematic
error of the design and development process itself, and an imperative
to keep high profits for the company putting pressure on the regulatory
staff. The 737Max was, essentially, a new aircraft but was not evaluated
as such.

Regards

Paul E. Bennett IEng MIET
Systems Engineer
Lunar Mission One Ambassador
Paul E. Bennett IEng MIET.....
Forth based HIDECS Consultancy.............
Mob: +44 (0)7811-639972
Tel: Due to relocation - new number TBA. Please use Mobile.