[SystemSafety] Accuracy of COVID modeling code

Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at rvs.uni-bielefeld.de
Wed May 6 18:23:39 CEST 2020

On 2020-05-06 15:11 , Derek M Jones wrote:

> I'm not aware of any evidence showing that any language is any better
> than any other language with regard to reliable scientific computations.

There is a large amount of work on the numerical accuracy of computations, going back many decades.
It is its own recognised branch of mathematics & computational science. You might have heard of
William Kahan, who won the Turing Award for his work on it (and essentially designed what became the
IEEE standard for FP arithmetic for microprocessors).

Asking someone to provide a reading list on it is a bit pointless. Like asking for a reading list on
logic.

PBL

Prof. Peter Bernard Ladkin, Bielefeld, Germany
Styelfy Bleibgsnd