[SystemSafety] Accuracy of COVID modeling code

Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at causalis.com
Wed May 6 20:28:51 CEST 2020

On 2020-05-06 20:17 , Derek M Jones wrote:

>> You mean R, compared with SAS, NAG, Mathematica, Matlab, Maple and so on? As I said, enormous amount
>> of literature.
>
> I mean any, as in any computer language, past or present.
>
> There is certainly an enormous amount of literature containing
> claims based on ego and bluster.
>
> My statement involved the evidence-based literature, which is sparse
> to say the least.
No. It is sufficiently voluminous to completely overwhelm the ability of any one expert to read, let
alone to master, except for the occasional genius. As, indeed, nowadays in any well-developed area
of mathematics.

Have you checked out the ACM Transactions on Mathematical Software, for example?

PBL

Prof. Peter Bernard Ladkin, Bielefeld, Germany
Styelfy Bleibgsnd