[SystemSafety] Accuracy of COVID modeling code

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Sat May 9 16:24:07 CEST 2020

David,

> Just to please Derek ;-) , some formal method tools are designed to help

Who needs to understand the maths ;-)
With the compute resources now cheaply available, the brute force approach
will find an answer:
https://herbie.uwplse.org/

> such kind of analysis like Fluctuat (used on Airbus manually written C
> numerical computations libraries if I am correct):
>
>      http://www.lix.polytechnique.fr/Labo/Sylvie.Putot/fluctuat.html

A good introduction to current techniques in
Programming with Numerical Uncertainties:
http://people.mpi-sws.org/~eva/papers/thesis.pdf

--
Derek M. Jones           Evidence-based software engineering