[SystemSafety] Accuracy of COVID modeling code

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Sat May 9 18:04:52 CEST 2020

Peter,

> It was obvious to anyone doing scientific computing in the 1970's that the accuracy of FP
> computations was dependent on the HLL used. Most people used Fortran for numerics, and no one used

Another example of your belief in the programming language as pixy dust theory.

I have seen inaccurate, poorly written numerics Fortran code,
and accurate well written numerics C code (and other languages).

Using a language thought to have some desirably characteristic
does not mean that the code written has this characteristic.

Languages do not come with a sachet of pixy dust to sprinkle on the code.

--
Derek M. Jones           Evidence-based software engineering