[SystemSafety] [EXT] Re: "FAA chief '100% confident' of 737 MAX safety as flights to resume"

Les Chambers Les at chambers.com.au
Thu Nov 19 22:31:16 CET 2020

So it goes on.
These guys worry me.
I wonder if any of them has ever written a line of code.
Do any of them understand how easily a misplaced colon can bring down a system ... and the
aircraft it embeds.
When will they understand that the only way to certify a complex system is to have skilled
professionals embedded in its development from start to finish.  Professionals who’s only love is
for the technology . Professionals unimbued with the idolatry  of shareholder value.

Until that time I take solace in stoic philosophy.
‘ all men are made one for another: either then teach them better or bear with them.’
Marcus Aurelius

Les

> No- it is not just pilot training. There were changes to software, displays, checklists, MMELs etc.
Perhaps the recent Notices (directives to the FAA personnel) tell a more complete the story.

M Jones
> Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2020 9:03 AM
> To: systemsafety at lists.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de
> Subject: [EXT] Re: [SystemSafety] "FAA chief '100% confident' of 737 MAX safety as flights to
resume"

> All,
>
> It looks, to my non-expert eye, like the 'solution' is lots of pilot training:

https://www.faa.gov/foia/electronic_reading_room/boeing_reading_room/media/737_FSB_Report.
pdf