[SystemSafety] What do we know about software reliability?

Nick Tudor njt at tudorassoc.com
Wed Sep 16 09:00:28 CEST 2020

Spot on Hugues.  It could have been asked that if a comet hit the thing
that had contained the hardware that ran the software (....that flipped a
bit or two (!)....) does that make the software 'unreliable' then....?
Doh!  Too many times the argument over the 'reliability' of software comes
down to the reliability of hardware or the inability of humans to
understand the environment in which they put the software and defend
against foreseeable issues (like bit flips).

Nick Tudor
Tudor Associates Ltd
Mobile: +44(0)7412 074654
www.tudorassoc.com