[SystemSafety] What do we know about software reliability?

Peter Bishop pgb at adelard.com
Wed Sep 16 16:05:54 CEST 2020

On 16/09/2020 12:59, Les Chambers wrote:
> For what it’s worth my view after 46 years in the business is that reliability is an
> attribute of an organisation not a software or systems product. The best process
> in the world is useless if the fleshware is not inclined to follow it. Trusted system
> is a misnomer. Customers buy from trusted organisations. An organisation is
> worthy of trust when it is populated by trustworthy people.
Despite the earlier techie discussions, I have to agree with Les's
bigger picture view about organisations

e.g. airline operators with the same planes can have vastly different
safety records.

Peter

--

Peter Bishop
Chief Scientist

Email: pgb at adelard.com
Tel:  +44-(0)20-7832 5850

Registered office: 5th Floor, Ashford Commercial Quarter, 1 Dover Place, Ashford, Kent TN23 1FB
Registered in England & Wales no. OC 304551. VAT no. 454 489808

This e-mail, and any attachments, is confidential and for the use of
the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, please
telephone 020 7832 5850. We do not accept legal responsibility for
this e-mail or any viruses.