[SystemSafety] [External] Re: Miss vs Ms

Grazebrook, Alvery alvery.grazebrook at airbus.com
Fri Apr 16 19:22:27 CEST 2021

Just by coincidence, noticed this in the news today:

https://simpleflying.com/alitalia-a320-tail-strike-passenger-imbalance/

Cheers,

Alvery

On Tue, 13 Apr 2021 at 14:21, Driscoll, Kevin <kevin.driscoll at honeywell.com>
wrote:

> > W&B calculations on commercial aircraft are an example of a critical
> process
>
> I wonder how well that is internalized and not just “known” by the people
> that create, maintain, and use the W&B calculation tools and processes.
> (“Someone once told me that W&B calculations are critical to safe
> flight.”)  I can see that easily being lost when all W&B calculations are
> done in backroom computers at an airline’s operation center, along with a
> lot of other non-critical airline data processing.  I once saw all NWA
> planes in the take-off que at SEA get pulled to the side (~90% of the dozen
> of planes in the que) because their W&B computer (in TN?) went down.

This email and its attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  If you have received them in error you must not use, copy or disclose their content to any person.  Please notify the sender immediately and then delete this email from your system.  This e-mail has been scanned for viruses, but it is the responsibility of the recipient to conduct their own security measures. Airbus Operations Limited is not liable for any loss or damage arising from the receipt or use of this e-mail.

Airbus Operations Limited, a company registered in England and Wales, registration number, 3468788.  Registered office:  Pegasus House, Aerospace Avenue, Filton, Bristol, BS34 7PA, UK.