[SystemSafety] FYI, New draft of the EU Machinery Directive Comments proposed

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Thu Apr 29 16:37:47 CEST 2021

David,

> The EU has a draft proposal for updating the EU Machinery Directive. Main drivers are AI, 15 years of elapsed time, new risks, and policy changes.

They have this idea that is is possible to draw a line between
AI software and non-AI software.

Since the requirements for AI software look like it will
be expensive, I guess that a lot of what is now called
AI software will suddenly become non-AI software.

--
Derek M. Jones           Evidence-based software engineering