[SystemSafety] Mercedes and Autonomous Driving

David Crocker dcrocker at eschertech.com
Fri Dec 10 15:40:29 CET 2021

There are several production cars available with ALKS. Tesla has had it
for a few years. My Ioniq 5 has it, along with automatic lane changing
if I command it using the indicators. It claims to be Level 2 autonomy.
AFAIK it has no maximum speed, but it complains if I don't keep my hands
on the steering wheel. So I guess the certification is indeed all abut
whether you are allowed to take your hands off the wheel.

David Crocker, Escher Technologies Ltd.
http://www.eschertech.com
Tel. +44 (0)7977 211486