[SystemSafety] State of Things

Christopher Papadopoulos chris.papadopoulos at airbus.com
Mon Dec 12 13:19:51 CET 2022

*This email is classified as: AMBER *
Dear All,

Don't forget those of us that generally remain quiet but read the messages
and think about what is being discussed, but also read across some of the
experiences that are shared and so benefit in many ways that perhaps are
not immediately recognised.

This group today is as relevant as ever.
btw, it is the only mailing list that I have kept. I have even stopped
following the old "news groups" that later became "google groups".

Kindest regards,

Chris

On Mon, 12 Dec 2022 at 08:24, Kindermann Michael <
MKindermann at de.pepperl-fuchs.com> wrote:

> Hello Peter!
>
> Just a recent example for the positive effects of the list: I have just
> forwarded the article by Mr. Jones to a colleague from the AI world because
> he also works on comparison between real world and models and developing
> semantics in his work. Maybe the topic is gaining momentum in the future?
>
> The message by Mr. Holloway reflecting on quarreling, arguing and debating
> was excellent, I would plead for leaving the list open just because of such
> exchange.
>
> Opening topics on 61508 updates is so frustrating that I hesitate from it.
> I think that a lot of people joined the work on the standard because they
> have a certain topic they want to promote. So there are 100 places where
> things were added, making the standard 200 pages heavier and less
> comprehensive although everybody involved knows from his / her experience
> that the main problem is misunderstandings related to the standard. I
> assume this lies in the way an update of a standard is made, everybody
> commenting on a clause or a topic and a group looking to solve the related
> issue. I an skeptical about the balance of the changes and curious about
> the birds eye view: when I have a question to solve will I find what is
> relevant for the solution?
>
> Do we need a different way of updating such standards?
>
> Have a good week everybody!
> Michael
>
> --
> Michael KINDERMANN (he/him)
> Head of Functional Safety Management
> Dpt. Global Compliance
> Phone: +49 621 776-2608
>
> Pepperl+Fuchs SE, Mannheim
>

> Pepperl+Fuchs SE, Mannheim
> Vorstände/Board members: Dr.-Ing. Gunther Kegel (Vors.), Werner Guthier
> (stellv. Vors.), Mehmet Hatiboglu, Lutz Liebers, Reiner Müller, Florian Ochs
> Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats/Chairwoman of the supervisory board: Monika
> Müller-Michael
> Registergericht/Register Court: AG Mannheim HRB 737016 - UST-ID Nr. DE
> 143877372

This email and its attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  If you have received them in error you must not use, copy or disclose their content to any person.  Please notify the sender immediately and then delete this email from your system.  This e-mail has been scanned for viruses, but it is the responsibility of the recipient to conduct their own security measures. Airbus Operations Limited is not liable for any loss or damage arising from the receipt or use of this e-mail.

Airbus Operations Limited, a company registered in England and Wales, registration number, 3468788.  Registered office:  Pegasus House, Aerospace Avenue, Filton, Bristol, BS34 7PA, UK.