[SystemSafety] Safety-Critical Systems eJournal

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 20:01:00 CET 2022

Peter,

> I was generally disappointed me by the quality of their discussion.

They did a good enough job of highlighting the problems
inherent in the statistical techniques that are often
proposed, and I think we can forgive them for being distracted
by the formal methods hocus pocus.

> They don't discuss, for example, the nature of statistical propositions. Such propositions don't talk of likelihood of

The discussion was of a more practical nature, rather than
the mathematical orgasm focus that is so prevalent is so
many papers on the topic.

Entertaining though these exchanges are, progress at the
practical level is dependent on having decent amount of
real world data.

Why hasn't anybody been given a few million to follow up on
the Leveson N-version study on a larger scale?

--
Derek M. Jones           Evidence-based software engineering
blog:https://shape-of-code.com