[SystemSafety] Safety-Critical Systems eJournal

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 21:26:31 CET 2022

Peter,

> Better said, they did a good enough job of highlighting the kinds of traps you fall into if you don't have a good
> understanding of the statistical reasoning you want to use.

Which kind of statistical reasoning techniques are
applicable for software reliability?

We don't know, since we don't have the data that tells
us what happens in the real world.

You can have an opinion, and others can have different
opinions.  How are we to chose between them?

Technique X might be popular, because that was used in
the past, or somebody published a well cited paper on it.

It's opinions all the way down.

--
Derek M. Jones           Evidence-based software engineering
blog:https://shape-of-code.com