[SystemSafety] Safety and programming languages

Stefano Costa stefano.costa at bluewind.it
Tue Mar 15 19:40:50 CET 2022

Hope this is not too much too much a side/off topic.

I'd like to hear from list members: percentage of deviation from C/C++
as a programming language for Safety Critical systems or products
development, based on your experience?

Are Ada, Rust, etc. an option out of very specific context?

We will for sure start using both Rust and ADA in the near future in
automotive and industrial w/Fusa, starting from context where our client
or partner is not dictating the rules about which language to use. And
going out of C/C++ is today a serious option.

Thanks for sharing thoughts and experience.

--
Stefano Costa
M +39 335 6565749