[SystemSafety] Membership

Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at causalis.com
Tue Mar 22 18:46:16 CET 2022

On 2022-03-22 15:38 , John Spriggs wrote:
> I am not intentionally bouncing either, but I have recently received lots of [SystemSafety] e-mails
> that are replying to ones I have not received.replies
The issue Myriam refers to is affecting gmail/googlemail addresses (only). Google is bouncing
messages (including, today, messages originating with gmail addresses), supposedly through
non-conformance with (SPF, DMARC) policies. These are protocols which connect an email address to an
IP address of an authorised SMTP server; roughly speaking, you say which machines are your SMTP
servers and then no one can spoof your email address (unless they have access to your server).

I thought it was a matter of other ISPs not quite having what gmail wants to see, but today it
happened with a message of gmail origin. So I don't quite know what is happening. In particular, I
don't know if this is going to continue.

Mailman has ways it deals with bounces. If you are notified of a bounce, take the specified action
to re-enable your address/participation. If you don't hear anything for a while, get in touch with me.

PBL

Prof. i.R. Dr. Peter Bernard Ladkin, Bielefeld, Germany