[SystemSafety] Risk .... again

Les Chambers les at chambers.com.au
Fri Sep 30 04:08:06 CEST 2022

Thanks all
I'm encouraged by the reaction to my post. If you've a mind to drill down ...

The rape incident is described here by SCEGGS Head of School (note the hand
wringing, questions and absence of solutions):
https://bit.ly/3y5qw1L

For the stout hearted, the 4000 words on risk management I sent to SCEGGS Head
of School see:
https://bit.ly/3SrqpFV

Gird your loins. The SCEGGS Head of School response is at the end. The
engineering and educational silos remain safe from cross contamination of
ideas ... apparently.

I'll leave you with Kant.
 Out of the crooked timber of humanity, no straight thing was ever made.

The notion that the male population of the planet can be trained to respect
women I think is fancifull.
Too much crooked timber. Better to take preventive action. That doesn't mean
that we shouldn't try educating our young men. I'm just waiting for the hand
wringing to stop so we can start.

Alfred Deakin (Australia's second prime minister) put it well

What, wailing still? What wouldst thou have life be?
Others, more tired, are silent – thou canst sing.

Forget thyself – let song suffice for thee;
Thy hands were made to use and not to ring.
Must thou possess a sunny waveless sea.
Untroubled atmospheres and tireless wing?

Cheers
Les

--

Les Chambers