[SystemSafety] JARUS External Consultation - "SORA Version 2.5 package"

Dewi Daniels dewi.daniels at software-safety.com
Fri Jan 20 12:01:47 CET 2023

JARUS SORA Version 2.5 is now out for external consultation. The deadline
for comments is 6 March 2023.

JARUS External Consultation - "SORA Version 2.5 package" | JARUS
(jarus-rpas.org)
<http://jarus-rpas.org/jarus-external-consultation-sora-version>

<http://jarus-rpas.org/jarus-external-consultation-sora-version>While it's
an improvement on Version 2.0, I think it's still a very poor standard. It
attempts to reduce system safety engineering to using a series of tables to
determine a Specific Assurance and Integrity Level (SAIL) between I and VI.
More importantly, it asserts that the software for most Unmanned Air
Systems (UAS) in the specific category need not be developed to any
software standard at all, not even DO-178C/ED-12C Level D.

Yours,

Dewi Daniels | Director | Software Safety Limited

Telephone +44 7968 837742 | Email d <ddaniels at verocel.com>
ewi.daniels at software-safety.com

Software Safety Limited is a company registered in England and Wales.
Company number: 9390590. Registered office: Fairfield, 30F Bratton Road,
West Ashton, Trowbridge, United Kingdom BA14 6AZ