[SystemSafety] Airbus automated systems

Loebl, Andy loeblas at ornl.gov
Tue Aug 27 14:36:31 CEST 2013

About two or three years ago I remembered a discussion of Airbus automated flight control systems having precedent over human operator control.  the reason I remember this is that it surprised me that there was so much confidence in those systems.  If this is true, can someone please give me a reference I can use as a citation for explaining this principle.  If automated systems take precedent over human control, if a human operator has to take over, is this more difficult for the intervening operator as a result?

Thanks

andy