[SystemSafety] Airbus automated systems

Andrew Rae andrew.rae at york.ac.uk
Tue Aug 27 15:10:28 CEST 2013

Andy,
An old but good reference for explaining the *problems* with automated
systems which have precedence:
Bainbridge, L., "The Ironies of Automation" Automatica, Vol. 19, No. 6. pp.
775 779, 1983

My own (more recent, but not nearly as cited) summary of the principles and
issues:
Rae, AJ, "The operator or the automation: In Whom should we Place Ultimate
Trust?"  3rd IET International Conference on System Safety 2008, January
2008 page 22

I can send you copies of either.

Drew

My system safety podcast: http://disastercast.co.uk