[SystemSafety] Critical Design Checklist

Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at rvs.uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Aug 27 23:06:56 CEST 2013

Les,

On 27 Aug 2013, at 22:37, "Les Chambers" <les at chambers.com.au> wrote:

> On the subject of human fallibility. Humans seem to be most vulnerable and fallible in emergency situations. In chemical processing automation the most important device on the Control Panel was the "panic button".

Such buttons may have their place in some process industries. They are completely out of place in a cockpit. I don't think that there is an appropriate answer to the abstract question. If you specify the application, there is often an industry-wide "sensible" answer. But it may not be right...

PBL

Prof. Peter Bernard Ladkin, University of Bielefeld and Causalis Limited