[SystemSafety] Critical Design Checklist

Les Chambers les at chambers.com.au
Wed Aug 28 03:20:06 CEST 2013

Peter
I put it to you that modern aircraft are redolent with panic buttons, the lead actor being the lever/button that engages the automatic pilot ... Leaving the pilot free to perform more important tasks ... As I once personally witnessed 40,000 feet above the Arabian Gulf back in the day when traveling systems engineers were welcome in 747 cockpits. Deep in conversation over cockpit ergonomics we were interrupted by a flustered air hostess declaring an emergency. She could not get the cork out of a bottle of Veuve Clicquot.
Cheers
Les

Les Chambers
Director