[SystemSafety] Critical Design Checklist

Peter Bishop pgb at adelard.com
Wed Aug 28 11:07:44 CEST 2013

Sean M. Beatty wrote:
> Kevin,
>

> 5. Resource Usage (RAM, ROM, and EEPROM must also be adequately sized)
>
> • Adequate stack for worst case
>
> • Intermediate data
>
> • Data shared between Interrupt Service Routines and application
>
> • Data shared between tasks of different priorities

This is a deviation from the thread, but it might be of interest to some
of you that there is a public domain plugin for the (free) Frama-C code
analysis tool that helps to find shared data that is manipluteb by
different threads in embedded systems (for C software only).

Adelard developed the Simple Concurrency plugin for analysing embedded
software, and we found it quite useful in locating concurrency glitches.
It is not fully automatic - the code needs to be eyeballed to find any
problems.

Links below.

http://frama-c.com

http://bts.frama-c.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=mantis:frama-c:external_plugins