[SystemSafety] Agile methods

Martyn Thomas martyn at thomas-associates.co.uk
Fri Aug 30 19:37:01 CEST 2013

I agree with Nancy.

At the workshop for the NAS/CSTB study into Certifiably Dependable
Software, the inventor of Extreme Programming, Kent Beck, said that he
wouldn't suggest using XP for safety-critical work because it's use
didn't create adequate evidence to support a safety argument.
Theworkshop report (which may contain this comment, though I haven't
checked) and the final report are both downloadable free, here
(requires free registration):
http://sites.nationalacademies.org/cstb/CompletedProjects/CSTB_042247

Regards

Martyn