[SystemSafety] Third White Paper

Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at rvs.uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Feb 20 14:11:56 CET 2013

On 2/20/13 1:14 PM, M Mencke wrote:
> "This standard will cancel and substitute the standards UNE-EN 50128:2002 and UNE-EN 50128:2002
> Corr:2010* before 2014-04-25."*  .........
> My question:
> When two versions of the standard are in force, both the 2002 version and the 2012 version, which
> version of the standard should apply?

Neither through the IEC nor through the German standardisation agencies (DIN, DKE, VDA, etc) is it
possible for two versions of a standard to be in force at the same time. There comes with a standard
version a Publication Date, and on this date the new version comes into force and the old version is
retracted. This is automatic.

> The Spanish version of this standard was published on the
> 21/03/12. Does that mean that for any project which commenced subsequent to this date, the 2012
> version should apply?

I would think yes, because that is how publication dates function at the IEC and in Germany, but I
don't know the Spanish rules.