[SystemSafety] Spanish train crash

Dick Selwood dick at ntcom.co.uk
Mon Jul 29 16:03:07 CEST 2013

Chris' posting crossed with mine

But it is worth remembering that the media are often rely on "guidance"
in what to write, and it is just possible that there might be interested
parties talking to the press for whom blaming the driver is a very
useful way to hide the infrastructure weakness

ON PBLs point here about "Crime scene", there has been a tendency,
especially in the immediate post-privitisation period, to treat rail
accident sites in Britain as crime scenes, closing the railway for
several days, while the priority for a road traffic accident seems the
opposite -  to get the scene recorded and cleared to get the traffic
running as soon as possible. There was pressure to change the rail
approach, but whether this was successful is difficult to say - as
fortunately there has not been a major accident on Britain's railways
since Potters Bar in 2004