[SystemSafety] RE : Drone Airprox Video

Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at rvs.uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Jun 6 12:11:45 CEST 2013

There must be a lot going on behind the scenes that we don't know.

German defence Minister de Maziere is quoted in my local newspaper this morning as saying that he regrets not taking more managerial control earlier; that he was informed about potential certification difficulties on 1 March 2012 but also informed that they could be solved.

So, if this is straightforward and not a gloss for the press and the parliamentary opposition, it means that someone "authoritative" was effectively telling him a year ago that they were in the process of solving sense-and-avoid and would soon be done.

As you point out, it seems implausible that anyone with even a passing familiarity with the engineering could say such a thing.

PBL

Prof. Peter Bernard Ladkin, University of Bielefeld and Causalis Limited