[SystemSafety] RE : Drone Airprox Video

Ganesh J. Pai g.pai at ieee.org
Fri Jun 7 10:39:10 CEST 2013

Hello,

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 5:44 AM, Peter Bernard Ladkin
<ladkin at rvs.uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:

> 1. There is a rumor that, when the Global Hawk flies in US airspace, it is accompanied constantly by
> chase aircraft.

To my knowledge, if these are operations in civilian airspace, then
the FAA does require either observers in chase aircraft or surface
based observers as per the national policy document N 8900.207. There
is no such requirement when operating in restricted airspace. The
military might separately require it, but I have no knowledge of that.

Regards,
Ganesh