[SystemSafety] Qualifying SW as "proven in use"

Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at rvs.uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Jun 17 13:47:32 CEST 2013

On 6/17/13 1:13 PM, Martyn Thomas wrote:
> I suggest that before any software  is permitted as part of a safety-related system, certain
> mandatory processes should be put in place:

Good suggestions. The key word here is "mandatory". That means somebody has to start by writing them
into the laws of some land.

It won't happen through "best practice" because associated with all those things are non-negligible
costs over the way things are done at present, so no one will start doing it unless all must.