[SystemSafety] RE : Qualifying SW as "proven in use"

Peter Bishop pgb at adelard.com
Thu Jun 27 14:12:53 CEST 2013

I agree with John that caution is needed
While stochastic behaviour of the inputs means software failures are
also stochastic, the big uncertainty is what happens in a new
environment with a new stochastic behaviour.
Showing environment X is the "same" as environment Y is pretty tricky
and it is not clear if anything can be claimed if the environments are
different.

--

Peter Bishop
Chief Scientist