[SystemSafety] Shared-space intersections

SPRIGGS, John J John.SPRIGGS at nats.co.uk
Fri May 10 10:33:56 CEST 2013

I understand that these spaces work by (for example) a pedestrian making eye-contact with a car driver and agreeing who has right-of-way using small movements and gestures.  This is not easy when you are blind.  How should the visually-impaired be integrated into the shared space?

Even if you were to have a 'seeing eye dog', their movements and gestures would be made in a different social context  :o)

John

As usual, these opinions are my own, and not necessarily those of my employers, Customers or clients.