[SystemSafety] the bomb again

Nancy Leveson leveson.nancy8 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 12:37:00 CEST 2013

Peter,

I wrote my message to try to point out some things about which I thought
you were mistaken about STAMP. My very least favorite thing to do is to
argue about deep concepts on a superficial medium like an email list. So I
have no desire to continue this discussion by answering your questions. I
am busy incredibly busy applying STAMP-based tools right now on an aircraft
system, air traffic control, a surgical robot, and supervising students who
are working on additional systems including radiation therapy, UAVs, human
factors, automobiles, high speed rail, nuclear power, and hospital safety.
That is a more important use of my time than arguing on this list. What I
said I stand by, whether you understand it or not.

Nancy

--
Prof. Nancy Leveson
Aeronautics and Astronautics and Engineering Systems

Telephone: 617-258-0505
Email: leveson at mit.edu