[SystemSafety] Which software for very basic FTA?

David MENTRE dmentre at linux-france.org
Tue Sep 24 11:37:48 CEST 2013

Hello,

I am planning to do some FTA (and possibly FMEA). Such FTA are going
to be very very basic (relatively small tree, no probabilities, no
need for cut set, etc.).

I could use MS Visio or similar drawing software. I am already using
MS Excel. However I would like to have (i) a graphical representation
of the tree, (ii) numbering of events (for traceability), (iii)
printing capabilities (print the tree on several A4 pages in readable
form).

Which software, preferably Open Source or at least freely available,
would you recommend? I am working on Windows and Linux platforms.

Sincerely yours,
D. Mentré