[SystemSafety] Fwd: Contextualizing & Confirmation Bias

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Wed Feb 5 18:40:39 CET 2014

Peter,

> But, if you have stayed with me this far, the point is this. It's not an example of confirmation bias. He got the right answer, for goodness sake, when there was a right answer to get. His intuition was spot on.

So its not confirmation bias if, sometime after doing the
analysis, you are shown to be correct?

I have always regarded confirmation bias as not depending on the answer
given and actual answer being correlated in any way.

--
Derek M. Jones                  tel: +44 (0) 1252 520 667
Knowledge Software Ltd          blog:shape-of-code.coding-guidelines.com