[SystemSafety] Logic

Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at rvs.uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Feb 18 15:55:08 CET 2014

Derek,

On 2014-02-18 15:36 , Derek M Jones wrote:
> Formal logic is all well and good for small systems but it does
> not scale.  I think you should explain this important issue to
> your students.

Sorry, I think that's nonsense. So I won't be explaining it to any students (except as an example of
nonsense).

The Praxis/Altran publications referenced by Martyn, including the Tokeneer work, are some of the
evidence as to why it's nonsense. Others are referenced in the paper (see comments on requirements
consistency checking. Michael Jackson references papers by Mats Heimdahl and David Harel with
pertinent examples in aerospace critical systems).