[SystemSafety] Short news article on Fukushima Dai-ichi and Risk

Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at rvs.uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Jan 24 21:13:23 CET 2014

> On 24 Jan 2014, at 17:37, Dick Selwood <dick at ntcom.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Peter- Why is this a wonderful find?

Because there are divergent myths as to where Alfred may be, and why, and this find substantiates some and rules out others.

> The reason I ask is that the reaction to the story strikes me as not dissimilar to public reaction to an accident.

Well, of course it is an accident. If it wasn't an accident it wouldn't be a wonderful find. Oh, you mean one of *those* accidents. Well, I dunno. Tell me, is it part of the Winchester psyche to be terminally unimpressed? :-)

>> On 22/01/2014 10:28, Peter Bernard Ladkin wrote:

>> ..... People have been searching for Alfred's remains for hundreds of years; this is a wonderful find.

PBL

Prof. Peter Bernard Ladkin, University of Bielefeld and Causalis Limited