[SystemSafety] Short news article on Fukushima Dai-ichi and Risk

Dick Selwood dick at ntcom.co.uk
Fri Jan 24 22:58:46 CET 2014

There are no myths about Alfred's burial- it is well documented (Alfred
is not Arthur he said condescendingly)

Alfred was buried in the Old  Minster in 899, then a few years later was
transferred to the New Minster, almost certainly built to serve, in
part  as a Royal Mausoleum like St Denis in Paris.

In 1110, his body, along with his wife's and his son's was moved to Hyde
Abbey.

Hyde Abbey was dissolved by Henry VIII in 1539

The bones may have been scattered in 1788.

I am not terminally un-impressed but I am p---d off with people making a
drama out of something that is interesting but adds nothing to the
historical record