[SystemSafety] Fwd: Engineering a Safer World (ESW2014) - Call for Participation

Nancy Leveson leveson.nancy8 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 15:08:59 CEST 2014

FYI.  Nancy

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ESW2014 <esw2014 at easychair.org>
Date: Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 1:07 AM
Subject: ESW2014 - Call for Participation
To: Nancy Leveson <leveson at mit.edu>

Dear Nancy,

thanks again for serving in the PC of the Second European STAMP Workshop!
We are very happy with our workshop programme and are looking forward to
the event. You can find all details at:
http://www.iste.uni-stuttgart.de/se/esw2014.html

As PC members, please consider also attending the workshop. We would be
very happy to have you here. Also we would like to ask you to forward this
call for participation to your network of people interested in safety.

Best regards,
Eckehard Schnieder and Stefan Wagner

================================
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

Second European STAMP Workshop (ESW 2014)
co-located with INFORMATIK 2014
22.-23. September 2014, Stuttgart, Germany

http://www.iste.uni-stuttgart.de/se/esw2014.html
================================

The European workshop series on STAMP and related techniques is a forum for
practitioners as well as researchers interested in system safety with a
focus on approaches based on system theory, in particular STAMP. We have an
attractive two-day programme starting with an introduction to STAMP, STPA
and CAST by Nancy Leveson (MIT). For advanced users, we will have separate
tutorials and discussion forums, for example on STAMP in the automotive
domain or STAMP for security analysis. We will have 11 presentations from
international experts on their experiences and advances in applying
STAMP-related techniques. Furthermore, we will have plenty of room for
break-out groups and discussion to exchange ideas and start collaborations.
The whole programme can be found here:
http://www.iste.uni-stuttgart.de/se/esw2014.html

If you register for both workshop days, you get the rest of the conference
week for free! The INFORMATIK is the biggest German computer science
conference. A lot of the sessions will be in German but there are also
other international workshops. Especially if you understand German, there
will be plenty of interesting talks especially around the area of big data
which is the theme of the conference. On Wednesday we will have
distinguished speakers such as Manfred Broy (TU Munich), Gerhard Weikum
(Max-Planck Institute for Informatics) and Karl-Heinz Streibich (CEO,
Software AG). All details on the conference are here:
http://www.informatik2014.de

The early bird registration fees are still available until 1 August. For
registering please visit:
http://www.informatik2014.de/registration_en.html

--
Prof. Nancy Leveson
Aeronautics and Astronautics and Engineering Systems

Telephone: 617-258-0505
Email: leveson at mit.edu