[SystemSafety] MH370

Matthew Squair mattsquair at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 10:50:08 CET 2014

Yep, like an EPIRB. But if you're going to do that, well memory is cheap.

Matthew Squair

MIEAust, CPEng
Mob: +61 488770655
Email; Mattsquair at gmail.com
Web: http://criticaluncertainties.com

On 11 Mar 2014, at 8:13 pm, Chris Hills <safetyyork at phaedsys.com> wrote:

Actually you don't need a detachable FDR or CVR.  All you need is a
detachable simple distress beacon with a life of 48 hours. If you can find
that it would narrow the search field to say, a 10 mile radius,   rather
than thousands of square miles.  Then you can find the wreckage and the
black boxes far faster.

A small distress beacon would be smaller in size, mass and complexity, very
cheap (comparatively) and easier to mount.

Regards

   Chris