[SystemSafety] Another academic safety workshop / why not industrialists ?

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Thu Jan 22 09:00:03 CET 2015

On 01/22/15 00:46, Les Chambers wrote:
> My personal theory is that the software world is broken up into two social
> groups:
> 1) serious people
> 2) comedians
> We'll be okay as long as the comedians do not get hold of any critical
> systems.

I am afraid this is not just your personal theory: there is lots of
experimental evidence around suggesting that the second group might be
larger than the first one.

I agree with Martyn that we all must try harder.

--
     Prof. Roberto Bagnara

Applied Formal Methods Laboratory - University of Parma, Italy
mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it
                              BUGSENG srl - http://bugseng.com
                              mailto:roberto.bagnara at bugseng.com