[SystemSafety] Software Safety Assessment

Andreoli, Kevin (UK) kevin.andreoli at baesystems.com
Wed Jul 8 12:15:18 CEST 2015

As a former Software wrangler my response is:

1.       Unless Project B is being produced under a contract which specifies Standard X then the answer to question 1 is no.

2.       I would expect that if Project A was still in use it would be/have been periodically reassessed.  The claim is not necessarily invalid but should be regarded with suspicion.

3.       No.  Project B should be assessed on an up to date standard or checklist, subject to my answer to question 1.

I have never been a Project Manager but I would expect, from 30 years' experience of the breed, that their answers would be different from mine.

Kevin
(As usual my opinions, not those of my employer)