[SystemSafety] Another unbelievable failure (file system overflow)

Martyn Thomas martyn at thomas-associates.co.uk
Sat Jun 6 16:11:27 CEST 2015

Is this fundamentally different from the Approved Codes of Practice that
HSE publishes?

"The Approved Code of Practice (ACOP) has special legal status and gives
practical advice for all those involved in construction work. If you
follow the advice in the ACOP you will be doing enough to comply with
the law in respect of those specific matters on which it gives advice. "

The benefit, of course, of goal-based regulation (such as the UK HSWA
1974) supplemented by ACOPs is that it does not inhibit innovation. If
you devise a better way of carrying out an activity, you are not
prevented from using it (as you may be under prescriptive regulation).

Martyn