[SystemSafety] Degraded software performance [diverged from Fault, Failure and Reliability Again]

Michael J. Pont M.Pont at SafeTTy.net
Thu Mar 5 07:31:56 CET 2015

"It's clear to me that the phenomena (maybe not all of them, but at least
some) do occur/have occurred and anyone preserving critical software for any
length of time should take them into account; devise detection and
prophylaxis mechanisms and so on. Sort of like hardware, really."

The phenomena listed by Drew are - of course - real (even if I disagree with
the "software" label).

Dare I suggest that some on this list might like to look at some of the
features of a modern microcontroller, such as a device from the TMS570
family?  These have been designed to address many of the issues that have
been raised here in the last couple of days.

Michael.

Michael J. Pont
SafeTTy Systems Ltd.