[SystemSafety] Data on Proof effectiveness from real projects

Steve Tockey Steve.Tockey at construx.com
Sat Apr 2 20:39:36 CEST 2016

Paul,
Of course, I agree 100%.

What's your source for the 44% number? I'm very interested in that kind of
data. My source says 56% of defects are in requirements and 27% are in
design. Only 7% are coding. The remaining 10% are defects logged against
other things: test cases, test plans, project plans, etc.

The source of this data is:

Gary Mogyorodi, ³What is Requirements-Based Testing?², Crosstalk, March,
2003

-- steve