[SystemSafety] a public beta phase ???

Smith, Brian E. (ARC-TH) brian.e.smith at nasa.gov
Fri Aug 5 23:24:58 CEST 2016

Doesn¹t surprise me at all, Kevin.  I commute from NASA Ames to my home in
Mountain View and see unusual behaviors by the fleet of Google Lexus
vehicles and the little ³gumdrop² AVs equipped with just a joystick and no
steering wheel.  The Google safety drivers and systems engineers onboard
are fortunately not reading their newspapers.

I¹m on the Ames Safety Committee that is responsible for monitoring the
safety of driverless-car experiments being performed here by a major
automobile manufacturer.  The same subtleties and contradictions that have
been discussed at length on this thread play out in very practical ways
during our review of the activities here.

Brian

On 8/5/16, 1:50 PM, "systemsafety on behalf of Driscoll, Kevin R"
<systemsafety-bounces at lists.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de on behalf of