[SystemSafety] a public beta phase ???

Les Chambers les at chambers.com.au
Thu Aug 11 21:56:17 CEST 2016

I think we're talking about emergent properties here. The ones that manifest when you integrate two highly complex systems– Man made automation and man. Sloth is a common one. It manifests at several levels: inattention at the controls, dumbing down of training ... As evidenced by many conversations on this list , engineers pay scant attention to this important issue. Mainly because we receive no education in the matter. You become what you focus on and there is currently no focus. As we approach this world of augmented reality I think we at least need the book of bad behaviours. Followed by a test.