[SystemSafety] Smart heating [was: Comment on Risks note on "Smart Power Outlets" ....]

Mike Ellims michael.ellims at tesco.net
Fri Aug 26 13:11:13 CEST 2016

> I use 110 kW a day at the moment for heating needs (air+water), and could
use a bit more.
> That's at least 17 Powerwalls.

Peter 110 kw seems a) excessive and b) the wrong units.

Average usage here at home is 8.4 kWh drawn from the grid (a LOT less in
summer) and in Oz the average house uses around 15.4 kWh per day in 2014.

Another web site gives the average per year for Germany as 9.7 kWh per day,
the peak usage seems to be Canada at 32.5 kWh per day...

Did you mean 11.0 kWh?